I finally sorted out my browser/blogger issues by downloading Google Chrome (not without an afternoon's hassle mind you - nothing's ever straightforward is it?) to use as an alternative browser to my old Internet Explorer (thanks to Sioux for the suggestion, which confirmed what I'd been thinking). So the problems I was having with Blogger have gone away (fingers crossed), though (like Lindsay) I'm using the old format to put up this post.
Yesterday, the plasterers came round to sort out our kitchen ceiling so I decided to escape all the chaos and go spend the day with Lindsay instead, taking my camera with me so that I could help photograph some of her newest creations (not for public viewing just yet *LOL*). I was supposed to be assisting Lindsay make some extra cards, etc, for her demos this weekend, but I think I was much more of a hindrance than a help. Here's a picture I took of one of the cards Lindsay had already made:-
The stamped image is one of Lindsay's "Off the Wall" designs (Emily) and the text stamp is one of Andy Skinner's. I have a "thing" about harlequin diamond stamps and stencils at the moment, so I really love the stencilling on this card too.
I took some photographs of another card that Lindsay created during the day too and this, along with the one above, will be on display I believe on Sunday when she'll be demonstrating her 'arty-crafty' techniques at the Strikes Garden Centre in Weavervale, Northwich (check out her blog for details - she'll be in Leeds tomorrow as well).
Inking the card edges
Black card sprayed through an alphabetic stencil with Perfect Pearls Mist
Steampunk Sarah - one of Lindsay's new stamp designs
The card completed
Whilst Lindsay was working on her laptop, I was very honoured to have Tara (originally our parents', now one of Lindsay's cats) jump up and sit on my lap - however, I think it was just so she could get a better view of the computer screen, maybe hoping that Lindsay was putting in a big shopping order for all her favourite food treats (chicken, salmon, ham .......... for starters!)
During the day I was getting updates from home about the progress on the plastering - all sounded pretty horrendous as apparently at one point a large chunk of the ceiling fell down and (despite dust sheets everywhere) created a huge mushroom cloud of plaster dust which enveloped everything! Lovely!!! Eventually, I could put off going home no longer (and was also feeling slightly guilty by then about not helping my menfolk clear up the mess) - and yes, dust was everywhere and it took another couple of hours to clean every surface and make the place look presentable again. Last job of the night was washing the floor down and we'd had enough by then. However, it was worth it - no more ceiling cracks, now we've just got to get it all re-painted - more mess and disruption (I can't wait)!
I've still got to finish off the last two chakra pages for my journal, don't know when I'll get round to doing them, but will post pics here when they're done. Thanks for the kind comments I received all ready about the pages I posted last time.