Tuesday 25 May 2010

At the Windmill

Popped over to the Windmill Craft Centre in Thornton on Sunday to meet up with Lindsay as she was over there, demonstrating several techniques using distress inks, alcohol inks and stamping.

Lindsay did very well to keep going all day, considering she only had a small, too high area to work in and had to stand the whole time ..... as you can see from the pics.

Can you spot poor old Terry ("Pot Arm"), Joanne's husband - he broke his wrist recently whilst they were away on holiday.  By the way, "pot arm" is what Joanne is calling him now, not me being rude!
Thought you might like to see a photo of the old windmill (Marsh Mill) where the craft centre and other shops are located.  I think the mill was orginally built in 1702; it's now used for exhibition displays, craft fairs and workshops, which are held in a room at the top of the Mill.


I've received most of the "birds" now for the ATC swap and will be swapping them out after the weekend - check my blog on 1st June as I'll be posting the next new monthly swap then.


1 comment:

  1. Poor Lindsay. I did feel for her 'cos she was so tired after travelling all those miles on Saturday. Hope she has recovered now. I learn something new every time I go to one her demos. Just waiting for yours now. Joanne xx
    X Mia

    ReplyDelete