Tuesday 19 October 2010

VINTAGE CHRISTMAS TRIPTYCH CHALLENGE SWAP

I was hoping to post the promised Christmas challenge a few days ago, but you know how it is, the realities of life have a habit of taking over and eating away at any free time!  However, here is my Christmas swap idea for you.

I'd like you to create ONE Vintage Christmas Triptych but larger than ATC size - I would suggest that the centre panel of the triptych be about 4" x 6", the other panels can be the same size or smaller (however you wish) and the tops can be any shape you like - rounded, gothic arches, triangular, etc.  You may join the panels together by whatever method you choose - for example, eyelets and ribbon, wire, small binding rings, beads.  Please use sturdy mountboard or chipboard for your triptych and add as much embellishment as you like, using your preferred techniques for decoration, and ensure that the triptych is able to stand up properly when completed.  Please remember to decorate the back of your triptych as well and add your name and any other details you wish - thanks.

Usual swap rules apply - your finished triptych should be with me by 30th November (if you join next month's ATC swap you can send them all together), plus postage and address label for return.  Please email me if you want to sign up for this swap and I'll let you know where to send your completed triptych.

I haven't created a Christmas triptych before but I did make an ATC-sized triptych with a "Goddess" theme some while back so here's a picture of it to give you an idea of the sort of thing I have in mind.  You may also find lots of ideas if you try googling for Christmas Triptychs. 

 Goddess Triptych - ATC Size

I hope some of you will fancy having a go at making a Vintage Christmas Triptych as I'm sure there'll be some fabulous creations and wouldn't it be lovely to have one to add to your own decorations this Christmas? 

6 comments:

  1. Morning Heather, what a lovely idea. Please count me in! Love S xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I am really, really sorry, but I just don't have the time for this one. My world is upside down at the moment. I'll keep up with the monthly ATCs though. So sorry.
    Luv Joanne xx

    X Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always want to join in your swaps, but I never get around to making anything. This one sounds really interesting, I'll have to see if I get inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Sheila, have you signed up & WW, would love to have you join in too if you do find your inspiration! Sorry you can't join in this time, Joanne - hope your world rebalances itself soon! (I know what it's like)! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to join in Heather x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks, Hilda - got you all signed up. Have fun! Heather x

    ReplyDelete