Thursday 21 June 2012

Chakra Pages

It's a horrible wet and murky day here and the farthest I've been is down to the supermarket this morning to do the weekly shop! Just popped on line to order some trainers for my son's birthday so I thought I'd do a quick post and show you the remaining two chakra pages that I did back in April for my Art Journal.

 Third Eye Chakra
The background was created by spraying on "Rum Raisin" Glimmer Mist.  I drew the eye freehand and adhered it to the page - the letters are punched out stickers from a Basic Grey alphabet sheet.  I added some stamped acrylic circles, freehand writing, charms, gems and a "gypsy" image, and finished by rubbing in a little Distressed Stickles.

Crown Chakra
I gessoed the white background for this page, adding some light silvery scroll stamping and a torn piece of paper doily for texture, with some pewter coloured metallic rub-on over the top.  Again, the page was completed with a couple of images, cardboard lettering covered with a Krylon silver pen, stamping, a charm and my own handwriting.

I remember I felt quite pleased with the results back in April, but understandably since then I haven't felt much like being creative in the least. Hopefully, I can gradually start doing a bit of artwork again, dig out those inks, paints and stamps (!) and take time out to relax a bit.  

Planning on visiting a Vintage and Handcrafts Fair on Saturday with Lindsay, so keeping my fingers crossed the weather improves a bit by then - looking forward to it and hope to pick up a few bargains (what, I don't know yet, but I'm sure something interesting will catch our eyes)!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure there will be a bargain waiting....;)
    Have some chill time and enjoy.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day out you two, just remember to take a breath every so often!! LOL I am always amazed how you create your backgrounds. Perhaps one day you may think of doing some tutorials online??? take care.
    Hugs Joanne xxx

    X Mia

    ReplyDelete