Thursday 29 July 2010

An Altered Book Page

I've been catching up a bit with some of my art projects this week, didn't get a lot done last week due to feeling under the weather, but am slowly getting back into the swing of things.  I'm participating in a round robin for an altered book, it's the first one I've done and I'm loving it - trying out new techniques and ideas for altering pages, it really is fun, so I thought I'd share what I did for the latest technique.

We had to colour some pages in the book we were working on, two colours that worked together, then fold them in a certain way and stick them down to create four diagonal pockets.  The pages were then decorated with any extra additions we wanted, stamping, glitter, paints, charms, etc.  After that we had to create four ATCs that worked together as a set and complemented the background pages, to slip inside each pocket.  There was a fair amount of work involved in this month's instructions but I absolutely loved doing it. 




I created an extra ATC using another of these beautiful female images, which have been digitally created by Julia van der Werf.  Click here if you want to take a look at some of her work, which is available to purchase and download from Etsy (I am very tempted)!  (I received this sheet of gorgeous ladies as part of the blog giveaway I won a few months back).


I have just one set of "Africa" cards on their way to me as I type, then they'll all be swapped out and posted on to their new owners after the weekend - everyone has created beautiful work and I must try and remember to take some photos this time before sending them out.  (Check out my blog on Sunday when the new swap for August will be posted). 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing work again Heather. I keep going back to have a look at your art and do the same with the ATCs you have swapped with me. Your use of beads, glitter and small images has me mesmorised. You give me inspiration all the time. Looking forward to the next challenge.
    Luv Joanne xx
    X Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Artwork Heather - jaw-dropping. Love it S xx

    ReplyDelete