Wednesday 25 August 2010

Birthday Thanks

It was my birthday today (well, actually, as it's now well-past midnight, strictly speaking it was yesterday) and I took the train over to Manchester for a girls day out with Lindsay - we had a lovely time together - Starbucks for coffee and toasted fruit bread (delicious!), a lot of (window) shopping with a bit of actual shopping thrown in (I picked up a couple of blank books, including one with Indian handmade paper from recycled cotton rags, for some future art journalling) and a yummy lunch (chilli king prawns for starters and meatball spaghetti) at Bella Italia in the Arndale Centre.  The day began very, very wet and windy - in fact, it was really horrible - but by the time we finished our lunch, the sun had come out and the skies had turned blue.  By the time I got home in the evening, I was feeling pretty tired (and I know my feet certainly were!), so I've just chilled out all night with my feet up, a sip or two of wine and a few chocs. 

And I have to say a big thank you to everyone who sent me a birthday card - Gez, Hazel, Chris and Joanne and Terry (with a beautiful bouquet of freesias and carnations too) - I don't know who the naughty little birdie was who told you all it was my birthday *LOL* !  Once again, thanks everyone for making today (yesterday) such a special day! 

Now I really should switch off the computer and go to bed or I'll be too tired to get up in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Thrilled to bits you had a fab day. No more than you deserve.
    Luv Joanne xx
    X Mia

    ReplyDelete