Sunday 29 August 2010

"Of the Sea" Torso ATC

The final week's torso atc challenge at SCD is "Of the Sea" and I was quite pleased when I read this, because I'd already created a sea-themed torso (1) because I was having so much fun making "torso" cards and (2) because I was already creating some sea-themed cards for the seaside swap on my blog.  This is the card I made and which will be joining the other torsos to be swapped out by Carol from "Something Completely Different".
I inked up the background and stamped text from Crafty Individual's new seaside stamp set CI-278 onto it.  I stamped the "bather" from the same set onto white card, then coloured it with some Pro Markers and layered it onto the card with the stamped sun.  I finished by adhering some frayed hessian, shells and stickles to the bottom of the card and around the edges.

I created another torso atc with a vintage seaside feel, in more muted, sepia tones, this afternoon - but haven't taken a photo of it yet ...... I haven't made my mind up yet whether it'll be going out as part of my Seaside ATC swap or whether it'll be going into my own stash of cards for swapping.

I'm pleased to say that I've now received all the cards for this swap - and some beauties there are too! - so I plan on sorting these out over the Bank Holiday and posting them out soon as I can.  Don't forget I'll be posting the new monthly ATC swap sometime on Wednesday (1st September), so pop back then if you want to see what the theme is!

Hope you're all enjoying a lovely extended holiday weekend, whatever you're doing - no big plans here, just general pottering about and doing a bit of art when I can. 

7 comments:

  1. what a lovely torso Heather - loving the addition of the shells....

    Thank You for joining in the swap xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope I receive this one back, it's fabulous. Enjoy your weekend, I'm off to a Copics club in a mo.
    Luv Joanne xx
    X Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous atc great imagea and gorgeous colours. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous torso! Love the embelli combo on the bottom...I can smell the salty air already :) Thanks for joining in with us again at SCD
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been lurking for a few weeks now, You create some wonderful items. I'll be back to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing. Love the image and so well put together.Thanks for playing with us again at SCD. I think the hols got in the way of leaving you a comment last week. Looks like a really saucy torso and just as fabulous.Thanks for playing with us again at SCD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so much fun on one torso glad you will be joining in on the swap! The hessian addition is just such a lovely touch

    Thanks for playing along with us at SCD

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete