Tuesday 23 March 2010

Some more Vintage Children Pics

Here are more vintage images of children for you from my collection of cabinet cards, please feel free to use them in your artwork and on your ATCs.  I find these old photographs fascinating to study, the more you look at them the more you see in them - I love the little dolls (one of which is wearing a knitted dress) in two of the pictures and the solemnity on the faces of the children because they had to stay so still. 








I will post the "how to" steps for the Nature's Beauty ATC next time.  In the meantime, here are some ATCs I finished today for a Tim Holtz techniques atc swap (sorry, Joanne, this is the nearest I've come so far to making my TH-style "grunge" pages - I'm still at the "thinking about them" stage)! 
                                                                                                                                                                   
"Destination"

TH/Rangers items used:

Alcohol Inks
COM005 Hotel Stamp
Grungeboard Arrow
Metal 'Journey' Embellishment

"Life"

TH/Rangers items used:

Distress Inks
Background (X's) Stamp
Archival Ink - Plum
Metal 'Life' Key
Alcohol Inks

"Flight"

TH/Rangers items used:

Distress Inks
Paint Dabber
Archival Ink - Sepia
Distress Stickles
TH 'No Journey ....' Stamp




3 comments:

  1. I love the "Life" ATC - great colour tones and the embellishments work really well. Like the tiny, cute fringe too! Lindsay x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all. The colours, the stamps, the bits and pieces are all fab. Now when are you going to do this 'sister act' workshop then? ATCs would be a grand subject. xx
    X Mia

    ReplyDelete