Perpetual daydreamer, aspiring mixed-media artist, some time bead designer, haphazard art journaller, knitter of jazzy socks, slave to one demanding Siamese cat - take a peek into a little of my creative (and not so creative) life.
The Sum of All Crafts - Val regularly posts a wonderful assortment of free images to use in art projects along with a whole variety of techniques and artwork.
My Name is Elena - Elena is a lovely and generous-spirited soul, who is going through some very tough times right now, so she could do with a few smiles right now.
Okay, so ..... five facts about me .......
1) I worked as a Typist with the Blackpool police for several years and was there when George Sewell committed an armed robbery at a local jewellers which resulted in the shooting and injury of several police officers and the death of Supt Gerry Richardson, all of whom I knew and worked for. Gerry was at that time the highest ranking police officer to be murdered in the UK.
2) I went to South Africa for three weeks when I was 21 with my boyfriend (later first husband) to stay with my penpal and his fiancee.
3) I have eaten (or attempted to eat) snails in garlic butter - not a pleasant texture, all black and rubbery!
4) For a year my husband and I lived in Whitby and rented a house which was rumoured to be the one that Bram Stoker stayed in whilst writing "Dracula".
5) I have a small collection of vintage buttons.
Well, I did say they might be not-so-interesting facts! Now it's time to sign off and get some sleep, I'm doing the late shift with Mia!
My name is Heather and I share a home by the seaside with my very lively and demanding siamese cat, Mia. I enjoy the creative life and have experimented with different crafts over the years. One of my biggest passions has been beadwork for which I received a City and Guilds qualification and also had a book (Beading) published. I've since discovered a love for other forms of art, mostly involving getting messy with paints and inks - artist trading cards, altered books, mixed media, collage and most recently, art journalling. Here on my blog I'd like to share with you some of my artwork and hope you enjoy looking.